2013 Fitness plan: Day 4 Week 2
Today was the toughest so far. I made it out for my run this morning, despite the freezing temperature. But I didn’t really feel in the mood. And it showed; it was my slowest run since my first run last Monday and by the fourth kilometer I was struggling. Still, I completed the run and that’s what counts.
And though it was cold, the park was stunning this morning. The grassy areas were frosty and the sun was up so everything glistened. The boating lake on the west side of the park was even frozen over it was that cold.
The rest of the day was ok, but I was struggling not to snack. For some reason I felt more hungry today than I did during yesterday’s fasting… I stuck with the plan though and had:
- breakfast of 3 eggs, spinach, salsa, a whole avocado and a mug of green tea
- 1 protein shake post run
- lunch of a bowl of mixed bean and veg stew
- 1 tin of mackerel fillets in a mustard sauce mid afternoon
- 1 protein shake post workout
- dinner of a salmon fillet and a large portion of boiled broccoli
- 3 pints of water through the day
- 1 cup of lady grey tea with a splash of milk.
Having been hungry all day, I wasn’t looking forward to my evening workout, but once I started I felt fine and completed the whole 10 sets:
- 10 sets of 50 crunches
- 10 sets of 20 kettle-bell swings with the 28kg bell
- 10 sets of 10 press ups.
I took a two minute rest between circuits as before and again tried not to rest between each exercise; crunches straight to swings and on to press ups. By set 6 I was having to have a pause between swings and press ups to catch my breath. I’m starting to feel stronger, and may add some reps to this workout next week depending on how I’m feeling by then.
Weight: 98.9 down 1.6kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 18.7% down 0.8% since yesterday
BMI: 25.2 down 0.4 since yesterday