2013 Fitness plan: Day 1 Week 2
If you’ve been following along with the daily updates since my first post last week: 2013 Fitness Plan: Day 1 Week 1, you’ll know today marks the first day of my second week of training and eating my way to fitness. Well, the first day of the second week of trying to do that…
Today was cold and snowy in London, but I still made it out for my 5km run this morning, which felt good. The ground was damp and a little icy in places (which made things more interesting!) but there was little snow about on the paths that I follow in Regent’s Park so I wasn’t effected too much. I was, however, a little slower than on Friday. Completing the run in 29 minutes 28 seconds. Still quite slow, but I’m deliberately trying to take it easy as I build up to running regularly again.
This evening I completed my workout too. The same workout as last Monday, but completing 10 sets today:
- 10 sets of 50 crunches
- 10 sets of 20 kettle-bell swings with the 28kg bell
- 10 sets of 10 press ups.
Again, as before, I did one set of each exercise in turn and then had a 2 minute rest and repeated. My aim is to complete the crunches, swings and press ups all with no pause between them, but by set 7 I was taking a moment between each exercise to catch my breath.
Eating today has been slow carb accurate:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post run
- lunch was a bowl of mixed bean and veg stew (homemade; onions, garlic, a couple of carrots, a courgette, five tins of different beans, chops tomatoes, a bag of chopped kale and a little stock. Slow cooked for about 4 hours)
- dinner was a portion of salmon, a huge helping of boiled broccoli and one boiled new potato
- I had a second protein shake after my evening workout
- I drank 3 pints of water through the day along with one coffee and a mug of bovril.
This evening’s workout was tough. I had to lay down and rest after the final circuit, which has to be a good thing! If I reach the point at which I think it’s too easy I plan on adding reps to each exercise, but that’s some way off just yet.
Today I did feel hungry now and then between meals. I’m not sure if that’s because it has been so cold or if that’s a result of yesterday’s fasting.
So, for the big reveal; today’s numbers. One week on is there any change?…
Weight: 101.9kg down 2.2kg since last Monday
Body Fat percentage: 19.1% down 0.9% since last Monday
BMI: 26 down 0.6 since last Monday
Everything is moving in the right direction, but the numbers aren’t too impressive just yet. It’s early days yet though and I didn’t expect to see any huge improvements over night. Here’s to the next five weeks.