Fitness plan â€“ Day 4 Week 3 Round 2
This morning I made it out for my run, but I was really feeling the effects of having a busy week. I think adding in the squats to my weekly routine is going to take some getting used to; my legs felt like lead weights for most of the run.
For the full six weeks of my first round of fitness in 2013 I was working from home, which meant I could get up and have breakfast and let it go down for at least an hour before setting out on my run. This past few weeks I’ve been working in South Kensington, which means that I get up, have breakfast and then only have 20-30 minutes before having to set out for my run in order to leave enough time to get to work afterwards. I don’t think that 20 minutes is enough some mornings. This morning I had a stitch by the second km…
I just need to get up a little earlier and make sure I leave enough time between eating and running.
This morning’s run was slow; 5km in 28 minutes and 13 seconds. I’m not too worried about my speed; I think it’s more important to just get out and run the 5km four times a week, but I’d like to see that time go down over the remaining three weeks of this round of training.
My diet today has been good:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa, an avocado and a mug of green tea
- post run I had a glass of skimmed milk and a cyclone bar
- lunch was a bowl of veg and chickpea soup
- mid-afternoon I had an apple
- post workout I had a glass of skimmed milk
- dinner was a salmon fillet, portion of boiled broccoli and a large baked sweet potato
- after dinner I had a bowl of tinned apricots as a bit of a treat
- through the day I drank 3 pints of water.
This evening’s workout was tough, I came home quite late and wasn’t really in the mood, but pushed through. I did:
- 5 sets of 100 crunches
- 5 sets of 15 press ups
- 5 sets of 10 goblet squats with my 20kg bell.
I’d like to be doing 10 sets of each of those, but I’m getting home too late to fit that many sets in at the moment. Maybe as I settle into my new commuting routine I’ll be able to find the time to fit more in.
Weight: 92.5kg down 1.2kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 15.5% down 0.6% since yesterday
BMI: 23.6 down 0.3 since yesterday