Fitness plan – Day 2 Week 3 Round 2
Today’s run was freezing. Sunny at times, but really, really cold. I knew it would be so ran with my knee length rugby socks on instead of the ankle socks that I normally wear. They helped, but it was still really cold. I managed a slow 27 minute 47 second 5km circuit. Which was exactly 1 minute faster than yesterday, so I can’t complain too much. It’s still not fast enough.
Food today has been good, but I was really hungry so added a couple of snacks into the mix:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- post run I had a blueberry, banana, skimmed milk and protein powder smoothie
- lunch was a bowl of veg and chickpea soup
- post evening workout I had a protein shake and a celery stick with whole peanut butter
- dinner was a salmon fillet, portion of boiled broccoli and a baked sweet potato
- after dinner I had 4 ryvita with whole peanut butter
- through the day I drank 3 pints of water.
This evening’s workout went pretty well. I was feeling tired by the time I got home from work so wasn’t really looking forward to having to lift, but I soon got in the mood.
I managed 4 sets of 10 clean and presses using my 20kg kettle bell and 1 set of 10 reps with my 28kg bell.
Weight: 94.4kg up 0.5kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 16.5% down 0.3% since yesterday
BMI: 24.1 up 0.1 since yesterday