Fitness plan – Day 2 Week 1 Round 2
Yesterday was day two of the first week of my second round of training and eating my way to an improved fitness level.
Having done sets of squats in Monday evening’s workout my legs were feeling it all day yesterday. Which made getting up and out for my morning run tougher. I still made it out and ran it in a slow, but ok time of 27 minutes 41 seconds. This week is all about easing back into the training, so I’m not pushing too hard at the moment.
Yesterday evening I did a clean and press based workout, upping my set count from 5 sets of 10 reps to 10 sets of 10 reps. All with my 20kg bell. Over time I’ll start working sets with the 28kg bell into the workout.
Yesterday’s eating was clean:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post run
- lunch was a bowl of turkey, bean and veg chilli and a wholemeal pita bread
- I had a Cyclone bar mid afternoon
- I had a second protein shake post evening workout
- dinner was a portion of turkey fajita mix (diced turkey, mixed peppers, garlic and seasoning) and one plain wrap
- through the day I drank 2 pints of water
- in the evening I had 1 glass of skimmed milk.
I’m enjoying training again, though I’m finding it hard to treat this week as a warming up and getting back into it week. I know I need to build back up, but it’s so tempting to just push 100% on everything!
Weight: 95.9kg down 0.4kg since Monday
Body Fat percentage: 17.3% down 0.1% since Monday
BMI: 24.4 down 0.2 since Monday