2013 Fitness plan – Round 2
Today was the first day of week 1 of a new six weeks of working out and eating clean.
In my previous six weeks of training I made some really good progress, dropping 8.9kgs of weight and getting my body fat percentage down to 16.7% from 19.8%.
This time round I’m focusing on dropping my body fat percentage to below 15% (or lower if I can) in the next six weeks. My weight, I’m not so fussed about. In fact, I have a feeling that in order to lower my body fat percentage I’ll possibly have to gain weight in the form of muscle.
The new six week’s training plan isn’t too far removed from my first six week plan:
- Monday – Run 5km in the morning. Do weights in the evening aiming for 10 sets of 100 reps of crunches, 10 sets of 10 reps of goblet squats with a kettle bell and 10 sets of 10 to 15 press ups
- Tuesday – Run 5km in the morning. Do 5 – 10 sets of 10 kettle bell clean and press lifts in the evening
- Wednesday – Rest day
- Thursday – Repeat Monday’s training
- Friday – Repeat Tuesday’s training
- Saturday & Sunday – Rest days.
I plan to follow a similar diet as before too; combining the slow carb diet and the 5:2 fasting diet. I’ll fast on Wednesdays and Sundays, and Saturdays will be cheat days (eat / drink anything days) again. As for the rest of the week I’ll be eating a high protein, slow / low carb diet but adding in some extra carbs and limited dairy and fruit too. I’m adding these in to my diet to see if they really do need to be absent for the results to come, or whether training this hard and fasting is enough to get the results I’m after.
Having taken last week off from training or dieting, I started today with a very slow 5km run to ease back into the training. Eating today was clean:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- post run I had a protein shake
- lunch was a bowl of turkey mice, bean and veg chilli (homemade) with a wholemeal pite bread for some whole carbs
- mid afternoon I had a Maximuscle Cyclone bar
- post workout I had a second protein shake
- dinner was a portion of boiled broccoli, 4 ryvita and a tin of tuna mixed with some fat free yoghurt and hot sauce
- through the day I also had 3 pints of water.
I’m now feeling really full.
This evening I did a workout as planned doing:
- 10 sets of 100 crunches
- 10 sets of 10 goblet squats with a 16kg kettle bell
- 10 sets of press ups – doing 5 sets of 15 and 5 sets of 10.
That’s the first time I’ve done squats for years, and my legs are now letting me know! I took me a long time to get through that routine, but it feels good to have done it. I’m aiming to get back up to doing all 10 sets of press ups as 15 reps each but, again, having had a week off I didn’t want to push too hard today.
It feels good to be back training again. Last week I was starting to miss the workouts.
Body Fat percentage: 17.4%