2013 Fitness plan: Days 5 6 and 7 Week 6
We’ve had family staying over the weekend so I’ve not had a chance until this evening to update the log for the past three days.
Friday – day 5 week 6
Friday was my final training day of the 6 weeks and I was determined to make the most of it. Friday morning turned out to be a really nice, bright sunny morning – still cold – and perfect for running. I pushed for the first 3 km and then started to struggle in the fourth. By the fifth I got a second wind knowing that it was the final kilometer. I ran my fastest 5km this year with a time of 26 minutes and 29 seconds.
Friday’s food was 100% slow carb accurate, despite going out in the evening:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa, an avocado and a mug of green tea
- I had a protein shake post run
- lunch was a bowl of veg and chickpea soup
- I had a second protein shake after my evening workout
- dinner was a chicken and prune salad and a glass of red wine at a Carluccio’s
- through the day I had a second mug of green tea and 2 pints of water
My final workout of the six weeks went well too:
- 3 set of 10 reps (5 each side) with my 20kg bell
- 2 set of 10 reps (5 each side) with my 28kg bell.
Friday’s morning measurements
Weight: 94.2kg down 0.1kg since Thursday
Body Fat percentage: 16.4% down 0.4% since Thursday
BMI: 24 down 0.1 since Thursday
Saturday – Day 6 Week 6
Saturday was a rest and cheat day.
- breakfast was 3 slices of wholemeal toast, one with butter, one with butter and jam and one with butter and chocolate spread. And a cup of tea and a glass of milk
- lunch was out at a place on King’s Road called Big Easy. I had one bottle of beer, a 8oz burger a side of half fries and half onion rings and a side of “mac & cheese” and a couple of glasses of water (about 1.5 pints)
- in the afternoon I had another cup of tea and a couple of biscuits and a large white chocolate mocha on the way home
- dinner was 1 slice of wholemeal toast with butter and half a tin of bakes beans followed by a large chocolate chip cookie
- we were out in the evening and I had 4 bottles of beer while out and half a chocolate chip cookie and 1 pint of water when we got home.
Saturday’s morning measurements
Weight: 93.6kg down 0.6kg since Friday
Body Fat percentage: 16.1% down 0.3% since Friday
BMI: 23.9 down 0.1 since Friday
Today – Day 7 of Week 6
Today is the final day of the 6 weeks of experimentation. I’ve trained and eaten as well as I could over the past six weeks and tomorrow is the official results day.
Today was my final fasting day, and last chance to influence tomorrow’s results…
- breakfast was a single slice of wholemeal toast with a very small amount of butter and some marmite. And a mug of green tea
- lunch was half a tin of baked beans, a single small boiled potato and a mug of green tea
- dinner was 2 slices of wholemeal toast (plain) with 1 fried egg
- this evening I had 1 pint of tonic water.
This morning’s measurements
Weight: 95.3kg up 1.7kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 15.2% down 0.9% since yesterday
BMI: 24.3 up 0.4 since yesterday
I’m excited to see what tomorrow morning’s readings will be and to be able to crunch the numbers and see how / if my experiment has worked.