2013 Fitness plan: Day 4 Week 6
Today I felt good waking up. I’ve been making an effort to have reasonably early nights this week. I think it’s paying off.
This morning’s run started really well. I’d not intended to push for a good time, but by the time I’d covered the first 500 meters I realised that I’d settled into a comfortable pace that was a bit higher than what I’m used to. I didn’t manage to hold that pace for the whole 5km, but I’m happy that I’ve reached a point where I feel good running faster for at least some of the run.
In the end I slowed quite a lot by the final 2km. I still covered the full 5km in 27 minutes and 1 second.
Food today has been 100% slow carb accurate:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa, an avocado and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post run
- lunch was a bowl of veg and chickpea soup and a mug of green tea
- I had a second protein shake after my evening workout
- dinner was a salmon fillet and a big portion of boiled broccoli
- through the day I had 3 pints of water.
When it came time to start this evening’s workout I really didn’t feel in the mood. I’m not sure why, I just didn’t fancy it. But, this being the final week of my experiment I forced myself to just get on with it. Which worked out really well:
- 10 sets of 100 crunches
- 10 sets of 20 kettle-bell swings with the 28kg bell
- 10 sets of press ups doing 15 reps per set.
That’s another 150 press ups in one workout. The final set I failed after 14 and had to rest for a little bit then do the final press. But, I’m getting closer to not having to have the pause…
Weight: 94.3kg down 0.8kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 16.8% up 0.1% since yesterday
BMI: 24.1 down 0.1 since yesterday