2013 Fitness plan: Day 4 Week 5
Despite yesterday morning’s promise to update you all on the day’s progress, I went out for dinner last night and didn’t get round to writing the day’s events up. Apologies for that.
Yesterday I was feeling a bit better than Wednesday, but still not 100%. I ended up skipping both my morning run and my evening workout. I don’t think it’s right to train hard while you’re ill, it puts too much stress on your body.
Yesterday’s diet went ok, although I made myself an illness busting fruit and yoghurt smoothie during the day (bulking up on vitamins) and we went out for dinner, so I wavered a little in terms of pure slow carb eating:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa, 1 avocado and a mug of green tea
- lunch was a portion of sausage, bean and veg stew
- I had a smoothie mid afternoon – 1 banana, half a tub of 0% fat yoghurt, a punnet of blueberries and a splash of milk
- dinner was half a portion of nachos (a sharing platter) followed by a “super healthy salad” and two glasses of red wine at Giraffe on the South Bank
- through the day I had 2 pints of water, 1 pint of tonic water and a mug of hot water with lemon juice and honey.
I really don’t like being ill.
Weight: 95.1kg down 0.9kg since Wednesday
Body Fat percentage: 17.2% up 0.7% since Wednesday
BMI: 24.3 down 0.3 since Wednesday
I’m not sure those numbers are 100% accurate as they suggest I’ve dropped more than 2kg in 2 days… I’m not complaining! But I don’t think they’re quite right. Probably more a reflection on how hydrated I’ve (not) been over those days.
Today (Friday) I’ve still not kicked this sore throat, and again I’ve skipped this morning’s run. I’m going to see how I feel this evening before deciding whether to try my workout or not. Tonight, I will update on today’s progress and this morning’s readings.