2013 Fitness plan: Day 2 Week 6
My throat is finally getting better. Still not 100%, but I’ve not been coughing as much today and I’ve not had to dose myself up on potions to make it bearable.
This morning’s run went pretty well. There was no snow about this morning, but it was absolutely freezing. I managed a 27 minute 03 second time today. Which I’m happy with given I’d missed two sessions last week and yesterday was such a slow one.
Food today has been 100% slow carb compliant:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post run
- I had a second mug of green tea mid morning
- lunch was a bowl of veg and chickpea soup
- I had a second protein shake post workout
- dinner was a salmon fillet, some boiled broccoli and some stir fried leak and celery
- through the day I had 2 pints of water.
This evening’s workout felt good, I did:
- 4 set of 10 reps (5 each side) with my 20kg bell.
- 1 set of 10 reps (5 each side) with my 28kg bell
I’m liking how my training plan has been panning out these last few weeks. Running in the morning feels good, it wakes me up and makes it feel like I’ve already accomplished something in the day before getting down to work. Then my evening weights sessions feel nicely spaced out too: Monday is a hard, long session. Tuesday is a quick, but punchy workout. Then Wednesday as a rest day breaks the week up nicely, before doing another hard, long session Thursday and a quick one again Friday. I’m training four mornings and four nights a week, but it doesn’t feel like I’m giving up too much time or training too much.
Weight: 95.4kg down 0.3kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 17.4% down 0.1% since yesterday
BMI: 24.3 down 0.1 since yesterday