2013 Fitness plan: Day 2 Week 5
Motivation this morning was very low again. In fact it was only the thought of having to explain here why I’d missed a morning’s run that stopped me from skipping it. Public shaming beats will power.
I did make it out, and it turned out to be quite a good run again. I managed to complete the 5km in 27 minutes exactly, even though I didn’t feel like I was pushing myself.
I’d still like to finish in under 25 minutes, but I’m happy with the progress I’ve made so far.
Eating today was, again, not 100% slow carb:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post run
- I had a cup cake and 2 cups of coffee mid morning (one with a dash of milk in it)
- lunch was a portion of sausage, bean and veg stew
- mid afternoon I had a mug of green tea
- I had a second protein shake post workout
- dinner was a portion of quorn and veg fajita
- this evening I had another half a cup cake (they needed eating up)
- through the day I drank 2 pints of water.
This evening’s workout was easier to get into, and went quite well. I did:
- 4 sets of 10 reps (5 each side) of clean and presses with the 20kg bell
- 1 set of 10 reps (5 each side) with the 28kg bell.
That was the first time I’ve lifted the 28kg bell like that since I pulled a muscle in my neck a few weeks ago, and it went ok. I focused on good form and didn’t feel any twinge or sign of the pull, so I may try for 2 sets on Friday.
Weight: 97.3kg up 0.8kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 17.1% up 0.2% since yesterday
BMI: 24.8 up 0.2 since yesterday