2013 Fitness plan: Day 2 Week 2
Last night I didn’t sleep too well. Not sure why, I felt tired and last week I slept really well every night thanks to eating well and getting a ton of exercise, so I don’t think it was the diet / working out. Anyway, the result was that this morning I wasn’t really feeling rested or enthusiastic about going for a run.
But, having forced myself to get up and have some breakfast, I managed to wake up a bit and did get out to complete another 5km. It was freezing, but once I was out it felt good. I managed a 28 minute 40 second lap of the park, which is over 30 seconds faster than any other run I’ve done this year, which is good. Still not terribly fast, and still quite a lot slower than my fastest times over 5km from last year. But its still only week 2 of getting back into this fitness lark.
Eating today was 100% slow carb accurate:
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a mug of green tea
- lunch was a bowl of mixed bean and veg stew
- dinner was a piece of salmon and a massive portion of boiled broccoli
- I had my standard protein shake post run and post workout
- throughout the day I also had 1 black coffee and 2 pints of water.
I. Must. Drink. More. Water.
My evening workout went okay:
- 1 set of 10 (5 on each side) kettle-bell clean and presses with a 28kg bell
- 3 sets of 10 (5 on each side) kettle-bell clean and presses with a 20kg bell
- 1 final set of 10 (5 on each side) kettle-bell clean and presses with a 28kg bell.
The first set was really tough though. I’m thinking that on Friday when I do this workout next, I may start with a set of 10 reps with the 20kg bell to warm up a little and see if I can do more sets with the 28kg bell.
Tomorrow is fast day number 3 which I’m not overly looking forward to, but having done two days last week, is doable.
Weight: 100.5kg down 1.4kg since yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 18.8% down 0.3% since yesterday
BMI: 25.6 down 0.4 since yesterday