2013 Fitness plan: Day 2 Week 1
As predicted; I didn’t make it out for a run this morning. After yesterday’s efforts my legs and ankles were still a little tender this morning so I thought it best not to push them and rested.
This evening I did do my workout, which comprised of:
- 1 set of 10 (5 on each side) kettle-bell clean and presses with a 28kg bell
- 3 sets of 10 (5 on each side) kettle-bell clean and presses with a 20kg bell
- 1 final set of 10 (5 on each side) kettle-bell clean and presses with a 28kg bell.
I’m aiming to be able to complete all sets with the 28kg bell eventually. I knew the 28kg bell would be step up from the 20kg bell I trained with last year, but its killing me so far! I’m hoping partly due to the three weeks or so I took off from training over the holidays…
After sticking strictly to the slow carb diet yesterday, today I was a little more relaxed (but not too much):
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa and a large green tea
- two cups of black coffee
- lunch was a bowl of veg and chickpea soup and 1 wrap with some salsa, guacamole and a small amount of cheese in it
- 1 post workout protein shake
- dinner was a salad niÃ§oise at Pizza Express, with the dressing on the side and (I couldn’t resist) four dough sticks that came with it
- 1 pint of water with some lemon juice
- roughly 1 pint of sparkling water (while out this evening)
Tomorrow is a rest day (no training) and also my first fast day. I’ll be keeping things simple and eating 1 egg and 1 apple for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which should come in at just under my 600 calorie fast day allowance. I’ll be drinking plenty of water and black / green tea too. Right now, I can’t say I’m looking forward to it, but I am determined to see it through.
Weight: 102.8kg – down 1.2kg from yesterday
Body Fat percentage: 20.1% – up 0.1% from yesterday
BMI: 26.2 – down 0.4 from yesterday