2013 Fitness plan: Day 1 Week 5
Week 5 has begun. Week 5 is when my enthusiasm starts to wane. Week 1 goes quickly because it’s the first week and motivation is high. Week 2 feels like progress as things get a little easier, my body responds to the first week’s efforts. Week 3 things are going well, the work is starting to deliver results and they motivate me to keep going. Week 4 starts to drag a little. My motivation for getting up and going out running on a cold morning or stepping away from what I’m doing in the evening to do my workout is less. By this week, week 5, I’m finding my motivation is at an all time low.
I’m going to push through the low and hope that next week my enthusiasm will pick up again as it’s the last week, so will be a big push to maximise the affects of this diet and workout experiment.
Still, having said all of that, I still made it out for my run this morning. Even though I was tired from the weekend, and decided to take things easy I managed to complete the 5km in 27 minutes 18 seconds which is actually the second fastest time I’ve logged so far! I’m happy with that.
The diet today hasn’t been 100% slow carb…
- breakfast was 3 eggs, spinach, salsa, a portion of refried beans and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post run
- lunch was a portion of sausage (not strictly good for the diet) and bean and veg stew
- after lunch I had 1 cup cake (definitely not part of the diet…) and a mug of green tea
- I had 1 protein shake post evening workout
- dinner was 1 portion of quorn and veg fajita mix (no wrap / rice / etc)
- through the day I had 3 pints of water.
This evening’s workout took some will power to get round to doing, but once I got going it felt good.
- 10 sets of 100 crunches
- 10 sets of 20 kettle-bell swings with the 28kg bell
- 10 sets of press ups doing 15 reps for the first 6 sets (1 more than last time) and 10 reps per set for the remaining 4 sets.
Weight: 96.5kg down 0.2kg since Friday
Body Fat percentage: 16.9% down 1% since Friday
BMI: 24.6 down 0.1 since Friday
I’m pleasantly surprised by those numbers given the food and drink I consumed on Saturday.